SEATTLE - Seattle police are investigating a crash that killed a bicyclist near Northgate area in Seattle.
Police say the bicyclist was riding south on First Avenue Northeast at about 4:20 p.m. Wednesday when he was struck by a Ford F350 pickup traveling in the same direction.
The Seattle Times reports that the bicyclist suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to Harborview Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The 50-year-old driver of the truck stopped near the scene and was interviewed by police. Officials said he showed no signs of impairment and was released.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults