YAKIMA, Wash. - A state report says the best-paying farmworker jobs in Washington are in the wheat fields.
The annual Agricultural Workforce Report says the average hourly earnings for wheat laborers in 2012 was $16.17. They were followed closely by potato laborers at $16.12. Apples workers averaged $12.65 an hour.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports the figures released last week shows farmworkers earned $2.1 billion in 2012 and agricultural manufacturing workers, such as bakers and slaughterhouse workers, took in another $1.7 billion
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump