Bend, OR - The congregation of Bend's Trinity Episcopal Church is returning a sanctuary torched by an arsonist 10 months ago.
The Bend Bulletin reports the city made a final inspection Tuesday, and congregants began moving new chairs into St. Helens Hall.
That's a former Lutheran church the congregation bought a decade ago. It was extensively damaged by fire March 6, along with the historic Trinity Episcopal Church across the street.
Officials say it may be another year before the congregation can use the historic church. It consisted of three separate buildings tied together, complicating reconstruction.
Police say they don't have any suspects in the fires. Damage estimates topped $2 million.
The congregation met at a Catholic church while repairs were being made.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured