BELLINGHAM, Wash. - A Bellingham man has pleaded guilty to a murder-for-hire scheme to kill his business partner.
The Bellingham Herald reports 28-year-old Sean Head pleaded guilty Monday to soliciting to murder 76-year-old Edward Davidson, who had an estate worth from $1 million to $2 million.
Charging papers say Head had offered two men cash to murder Davidson before convincing his girlfriend, 24-year-old Esmeralda Martin, to fatally shoot Davidson with a handgun Head gave her.
Documents say Martin went to Davidson's house June 24, 2015, and came out of his bathroom firing. She chased Davidson around the house until she was out of ammunition, the court documents said.
Davidson survived the gunshot wounds.
Martin pleaded guilty to attempted murder in May. She faces over 10 years in prison.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday