EVERETT, Wash. - Bedbugs refuse to leave the Snohomish County Work Release Center.
A work release trustee complained to the county health district through his lawyer that he was bitten last month.
The Daily Herald reports the blood-sucking insects have infested the center in Everett since last summer.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Shari Ireton says pest control contractors have visited the jail six times in recent months and sprayed chemicals most recently on Jan. 24.
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blachard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather