Longview, wa - Washington Fish and Wildlife agents are trying to trap a bear that killed a dog and bit a woman Friday at Long Beach.
The department's deputy chief of enforcement, Mike Cenci, says the woman was treated at a hospital and returned home the same day.
The attack happened about 3 a.m. Friday when the woman let her dog outside and it encountered the bear, which was apparently raiding a garbage can.
Cenci says the bear killed the dog and was apparently trying to get away when it encountered the woman chasing it with a broom. It bit her on the waistline. She didn't report it until returning home from the hospital.
Four officers responded, bringing a Karelian bear dog from Tacoma, but it could not pick up the scent.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns