Kalispell, MT - Bail was set at $500,000 for a 52-year-old Marion man charged with shooting his neighbor to death over the weekend.
Mark Bolton Ames made an initial appearance in Justice Court Tuesday on a deliberate homicide charge in the death of 60-year-old Harold Gordon. Ames' arraignment in District Court is set for Feb. 6.
Investigators say Ames was living in one half of a duplex owned by Gordon despite the fact that Gordon had a restraining order requiring Ames to stay at least 5,000 feet away from him. Gordon's application indicated Ames had previously threatened him with a gun.
Charging documents allege that early Sunday, Ames fired several shots at Gordon's apartment with an AK-47. Gordon came outside with a shotgun and prosecutors say Ames shot him twice with a handgun.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'