A 14-year-old St. Ignatius boy is being held at a youth correctional facility in Galen for a probation violation while Lake County officials determine whether he should be charged with stabbing a 17-year-old boy over the weekend.
Prosecutors say postings on Facebook or Instagram may have led to the fight early Sunday.
Lake County Attorney Mitch Young tells the Missoulian the boy is being held until May 15. His bail was set at $15,000 during a detention hearing Monday in Polson.
Officials say the 17-year-old was stabbed multiple times in the back and once in the head early Sunday. Young says he has been moved out of intensive care and is breathing on his own.
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land