RICHLAND, Wash./ - An autopsy found that a 32-year-old Richland, Wash. woman was stabbed 30 times in a bloody attack in her apartment. Prosecutors have charged the woman's ex-boyfriend with second-degree murder.
The Tri-City Herald reports that officials told a Monday news conference that Rebecca Vandeventer was attacked last Wednesday with a steak knife.
Her three young children ran crying to a neighbor's apartment.
Police say 34-year-old Lawrence Miller was still living at her apartment although they had reportedly broken up. Authorities say he was jealous that she was seeing another man.
Miller was charged after turning himself in to police.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday