RICHLAND, Wash./ - An autopsy found that a 32-year-old Richland, Wash. woman was stabbed 30 times in a bloody attack in her apartment. Prosecutors have charged the woman's ex-boyfriend with second-degree murder.
The Tri-City Herald reports that officials told a Monday news conference that Rebecca Vandeventer was attacked last Wednesday with a steak knife.
Her three young children ran crying to a neighbor's apartment.
Police say 34-year-old Lawrence Miller was still living at her apartment although they had reportedly broken up. Authorities say he was jealous that she was seeing another man.
Miller was charged after turning himself in to police.
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car
- Spokane has high interest in World Naked Gardening Day