BONNEY LAKE, Wash. - A woman died after she was hit in the head by a stray bullet while she was in her bedroom.
The News Tribune reports Pierce County Sheriff's deputies received multiple calls between 11:10 p.m. and 11:25 p.m. Thursday from people who said they heard at least 10 gunshots in Bonney Lake, Washington. Shortly afterward, a woman called 911 to report her son's Jeep was stolen. She said he fired shots from a handgun before chasing after the car. The 41-year-old man told deputies he was sure he hit his Jeep because he saw the back window shatter.
Authorities found a bullet hole in the woman's bedroom window, which was roughly in line with the car theft victim's residence.
The 41-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault and has been cooperative with deputies, according to Detective Sgt. Gary Sanders.
Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said those charges would be amended because the woman has died.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home