PORTLAND, Ore. - Oregon State Police say a man who escaped from a Central Oregon prison has been seen in the Cascade Range town Mill City southeast of Salem.
The police said Friday morning that several people had reported seeing 31-year-old Clinton Orvill Swearingen II within the last 24 hours, one person saying he was driving a small red truck.
Prison officials said he climbed a razor-wire fence Sunday to escape from the minimum-security Deer Ridge Correctional Institution and left behind bloody clothes in nearby Madras.
Mill City is along the North Santiam River and straddles the line between Marion and Linn counties. Swearingen was sent to prison in February and serving time for theft and burglary convictions from Linn County.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults