Portland, OR - Investigators say a Romanian princess sold food and alcohol during cockfighting derbies that she and her husband are accused of running at their eastern Oregon ranch.
In an application for a search warrant unsealed this week, investigators say two informants secretly recorded the cockfights over the course of a year.
Authorities say the videos show Irina Walker, the daughter of the last king of Romania, selling alcohol and food to spectators.
Walker and her husband, former deputy sheriff John Walker, have pleaded not guilty to charges of running an illegal gambling operation and conspiring to violate the Animal Welfare Act.
Investigators say they seized cash, financial records, cellphones, firearms and fighting implements. They also took needles, medications and a substance they suspect is methamphetamine.
Authorities say roosters are often given drugs to improve their performance.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car