Billings, MT - Yellowstone County authorities have identified the suspected shooter arrested at Pictograph Cave State Park while Billings police say he is the likely suspect in an earlier shooting in the city.
Sheriff Mike Linder tells The Billings Gazette that 52-year-old Kelly Dee Megard was arrested Tuesday afternoon. Jail records indicate he was arrested on suspicion of attempted deliberate homicide, two counts of criminal endangerment and violating his parole.
Employees at Pictograph Cave say the man was yelled incoherently and firing shots into the bushes while about 40 people took shelter in the visitor's center.
Police Capt. John Bedford says Megard is likely a suspect in a shooting earlier Tuesday afternoon in Billings, when a woman traveling with her two children reported someone fired several shots at and rammed her sport utility vehicle.
No one was injured in either shooting.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March