BOISE, Idaho - Federal authorities in Idaho say they have arrested an Uzbekistan national on federal terrorism charges.
Prosecutors say 30-year-old Fazliddin Kurbanov was arrested in Boise on Thursday, one day after a grand jury issued a three-count indictment as part of a terrorism investigation.
The indictment charges Kurbanov with one count of conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization and one count of conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists. The indictment also alleges he possessed an unregistered explosive device.
A separate federal grand jury in Utah also returned an indictment charging Kurbanov with distributing information about explosives, bombs and weapons of mass destruction.
He is scheduled to make an appearance in federal court in Boise at 9 a.m. Friday.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives