BURIEN, Wash. - Investigators have determined that a fire Tuesday morning at the Burien Community Center was arson.
Dave Nelson of the Skyway Fire Department said on Twitter the fire was intentionally set and investigators are asking for tips on the arson hotline.
Nelson told KOMO Radio firefighters found flames on the exterior of the building when they responded about 6:30 a.m. It was a stubborn fire to put out after burning into a crawl space under the roof.
Nelson says the building is an old school owned by the city of Burien. It was being used by the Burien Actors Theatre for a performance of "Coney Island Christmas."
No one was injured. Additional firefighters were brought to the scene because of the cold weather
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'