BAINVILLE, Mont. - An Amtrak train carrying 117 passengers has resumed its journey to Portland and Seattle after it partially derailed in northeastern Montana, causing minor injuries to one passenger.
Amtrak spokesman Marc Magliari says two cars on the 13-car Empire Builder slipped off the tracks at a switch Monday afternoon near Bainville.
The passenger train was headed west from Chicago. Magliari says the injured passenger was treated at the scene.
The train remained upright and was moving again Monday evening after the damaged cars were uncoupled.
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Eastbound Snoqualmie Pass lanes to open at 4 p.m.
- Westbound I-90 reopened at Fourth of July Pass
- Popular alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos cancels WSU appearance