BAINVILLE, Mont. - An Amtrak train carrying 117 passengers has resumed its journey to Portland and Seattle after it partially derailed in northeastern Montana, causing minor injuries to one passenger.
Amtrak spokesman Marc Magliari says two cars on the 13-car Empire Builder slipped off the tracks at a switch Monday afternoon near Bainville.
The passenger train was headed west from Chicago. Magliari says the injured passenger was treated at the scene.
The train remained upright and was moving again Monday evening after the damaged cars were uncoupled.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home