AUBURN, Wash. - An active Amber Alert out of Auburn has been canceled after a mother who took her young son was taken into custody. The boy is safe.
Police say 6-year-old Mason Joseph Bennatts-Miller was taken by his non-custodial mother, 34-year-old Sandra June Bennatts, after she broke into her mother's home.
Police say Sandra broke into her mother's home at knife point, tied up her mother, then took Mason, who is autistic. Police say she ransacked the home and may have taken a handgun.
Bennatts was taken into custody late Monday morning.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March