SEATTLE - Amazon.com, Microsoft and Boeing offer perks that include subsidies for housing and food to lure summer interns to Seattle.
The Seattle Times reports those three companies have brought more than 3,000 students to the city this summer for internships.
The intern program manager for university recruiting at Microsoft, Heidi Dowling, says they are competing for top students and have to make their internships stand out.
The interns are expected to fill job openings at the companies.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car