EVERETT, Wash. - A spokesman for Allegiant Air says it remains interested in flying from Paine Field.
The spokesman, Carl Zablotny, says the airport fits its business model of bringing residents of smaller cities to vacation destinations such as Las Vegas and Hawaii. But there are no details yet for using the Snohomish County airport at Everett.
The Federal Aviation Administration released a report Tuesday that gives a green light to commercial passenger flights at the airport. Neighbors are concerned about increased noise, traffic and pollution.
The airport is primarily used for private planes and new Boeing wide-body jets. A terminal would have to be built for passenger service.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home