CHINO, Calif. - The FBI says tips leading to the arrest of the `AK-47 Bandit,' who has robbed banks all over the western U.S., could result in a $100,000 reward.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller says the same man appears to have shot a Chino police officer at one bank robbery in February, before robbing banks in Northern California, Idaho and Washington.
The suspect carries an assault rifle similar to an AK-47 into the banks.
After robbing the California Bank & Trust in Chino, the suspect is believed to have robbed a Vacaville Bank of the West on March 12. He may have also tried to rob a bank in Sacramento a few days earlier.
Similar robberies were carried out in Washington on July 6 and Idaho on Nov. 7.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho