LEWISTON, Idaho - Police in North Idaho said a 9-year-old boy has been charged with petty theft after his neighbor's toy ride-on car was reported stolen.
According to reports, the neighbor bought the Power Wheels car, valued at about $450, for her kids two months ago and it disappeared from her yard a month later.
She called the Lewiston Police Department after seeing what she believed to be the same vehicle, covered in black paint, at the boy's home.
The child's father reportedly told police that the boy claimed to have found the car in a Dumpster, and that he gave the child the black spray paint.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives