SEATTLE - The Coast Guard says one of its Response boats and a civilian vessel rescued seven adults and a 4-year-old child after their skiff capsized off Bainbridge Island, Washington.
No one was hurt during the incident Sunday night.
The Coast Guard says it received a Mayday call from the good Samaritan vessel shortly before 8 p.m. reporting people in the water calling for help.
The vessel brought three people aboard, while the others clung to its sides until the Coast Guard boat arrived about 8:15 p.m. and recovered all eight people along with their dog.
Those rescued reported that after their 12-foot skiff capsized, they floated for at least 20 minutes before being spotted.
The Coast Guard praised the "exceptional" response from the civilian watercraft.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up