Albany, OR - Authorities in Linn County, Ore., say 70 sheep were killed when the commercial trailer that was hauling them overturned on a road in the Willamette Valley.
The sheriff's office says the two farm workers who were in the vehicle weren't hurt in Tuesday's crash.
The Albany Democrat-Herald reports that the workers had just loaded nearly 400 sheep into the trailer and were headed to the Tangent area.
Sheriff's reports indicate the rig was traveling about 45 mph and the trailer tipped as it went around a corner.
Sheriff's deputies say some sheep got loose and were running around a nearby golf course.
The crash is under investigation.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults