PUYALLUP, Wash. - Police say a 7-year-old girl was lured into woods near a Puyallup apartment complex and sexually assaulted.
Capt. Dalan Brokaw says a 14-year-old neighbor boy has been arrested as the suspect.
Brokaw says the girls' parents reported her missing about 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Glenbrooke apartment community. Officers searched the area and brought in a dog that tracked her into a wooded area where she was found about midnight.
Brokaw says she had been choked was unable to walk. She was taken to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma in serious condition and is expected to survive.
The girl gave police enough information to arrest the teen before 5 a.m. Thursday.
Brokaw says the girl was lured away from other children playing outside with a story about finding an injured animal in the woods.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school