MEDFORD, Ore. - A 50-year-old Grants Pass man who used stolen mail to obtain fraudulent credit cards was sentenced Monday in federal court in Medford to more than six years in prison.
Investigators believe Gregory Stephen Brooks stole mail from more than 400 home and business mailboxes last year in Jackson and Josephine counties.
He was convicted of conspiracy to commit mail theft, conspiracy to commit bank fraud and aggravated identity theft.
The Oregonian reports (http://is.gd/QanEb5 ) a 45-year-old co-defendant, Michelle Renee Lustig, will be sentenced next month.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives