Eugene, OR - A man who robbed a Eugene bank just minutes after he was released from an overcrowded jail was sentenced Wednesday to more than five years in a federal prison.
Christopher Franklin Weaver pleaded guilty to robbing a total of three banks in a three-week period last November.
The Register-Guard reports the 34-year-old said he held up banks to feed his heroin addiction.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car