TACOMA, Wash. - The Coast Guard says as much as 100 gallons of fuel spilled when a fire damaged five boats at a marina in Tacoma.
Two boats partially sank and one sank completely in the fire at Tyee Marina on Sunday.
Tacoma Fire Department spokesman Steve Collins says firefighters were dispatched at 7:38 a.m. and had the blaze mostly under control by 9 a.m. The cause is under investigation.
Pollution responders placed a containment boom inside the marina, around the damaged vessels.
The damaged boats were all 25 feet long and smaller.
The Coast Guard says the owners of the vessels and their insurance companies will be responsible for salvaging the boats.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults