TACOMA, Wash. - The Coast Guard says as much as 100 gallons of fuel spilled when a fire damaged five boats at a marina in Tacoma.
Two boats partially sank and one sank completely in the fire at Tyee Marina on Sunday.
Tacoma Fire Department spokesman Steve Collins says firefighters were dispatched at 7:38 a.m. and had the blaze mostly under control by 9 a.m. The cause is under investigation.
Pollution responders placed a containment boom inside the marina, around the damaged vessels.
The damaged boats were all 25 feet long and smaller.
The Coast Guard says the owners of the vessels and their insurance companies will be responsible for salvaging the boats.
- Crash at Washington and Mission
- Idaho tax bill advances despite gay marriage objections
- Bill in Legislature raises I-90 speed limit to 75 in places
- Spokane Police investigate suspicious death
- Spokane Police investigate 2 early morning shootings
- Moses Lake dad accused of slitting son's throat, killing him