TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A 4-year-old Shoshone girl has died at a Twin Falls hospital after being found unresponsive in a river in south-central Idaho.
Lincoln County Sheriff Kevin Ellis says the girl and her family were recreating along the Little Wood River south of Richfield on Sunday afternoon. Her family called 911 to report her missing a little before 2:30 p.m.
A search and rescue team found the girl in the water. CPR was performed as she was taken by air ambulance to a hospital in Twin Falls, where she later died.
The drowning is believed to be accidental.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday