TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A 4-year-old Shoshone girl has died at a Twin Falls hospital after being found unresponsive in a river in south-central Idaho.
Lincoln County Sheriff Kevin Ellis says the girl and her family were recreating along the Little Wood River south of Richfield on Sunday afternoon. Her family called 911 to report her missing a little before 2:30 p.m.
A search and rescue team found the girl in the water. CPR was performed as she was taken by air ambulance to a hospital in Twin Falls, where she later died.
The drowning is believed to be accidental.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River