Kalispell, MT - Surveillance video, a loud muffler and tips from residents helped Kalispell police arrest four teenage boys suspected of using BB guns to shatter windows on more than 100 vehicles in Kalispell early Sunday.
The four, ranging in age from 14 to 17, were arrested Monday on suspicion of felony criminal mischief. They were being held in juvenile detention.
Police say the windows were shot out between 4:30 a.m. and 7 a.m. Sunday and the damage is expected to easily exceed $20,000.
Officers had a vague description of several suspects in a light-colored vehicle with a loud muffler. Several businesses provided surveillance video.
Early Monday, officers received a report of suspicious activity and found two teens in a vehicle with a loud muffler. They were arrested as were the two others.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital