INKOM, Idaho - Four people were injured after three vehicles hit two moose on Interstate 15 in southeastern Idaho.
The Idaho State Police say 26-year-old Tyler Winiecke of Provo, Utah, was traveling northbound in I-15 south of Inkom when his vehicle hit a moose just after 11:15 p.m. Thursday.
Rebecca Richins of Rigby also was northbound when her vehicle hit a second moose.
Then a vehicle driven by 27-year-old Stephanie Chamberlain of Salt Lake City collided with the carcass of one of the animals.
Winiecke and his passenger, 24-year-old Sarah Winiecke, along with Richins and her passenger, 21-year-old Daniel Richins, were taken to the hospital in Pocatello.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday