TACOMA, Wash. - A 37-year-old man convicted of murder for shooting a man at a warehouse party in Tacoma was sentenced Thursday to 38 years in prison.
Pierce County prosecutors say Devennice Gaines shot 40-year-old Bruce Price in April 2012 after Price criticized Gaines for fighting with a man in a wheelchair.
The prosecutor's office says Gaines is affiliated with a Blood street gang from Seattle and Price was reportedly affiliated with a rival Tacoma gang, the Hilltop Crips.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car