PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - A 34-year-old woman was sentenced Monday to 31-year-old years in prison for torturing a 13-year-old boy last year in Silverdale.
Viviana Gunn pleaded guilty in a deal with Kitsap County prosecutors.
The Kitsap Sun reports her husband, 27-year-old Brandon P. Gunn, also pleaded guilty and faces a sentence of more than 30 years when he is sentenced Jan. 17 in Port Orchard.
The teen is the man's brother who came to live in the couple's home in May 2012. He told sheriff's deputies they beat him with a baseball bat, sliced his skin with a heated knife, forced him to remain naked in a portable dog kennel without food and water and once drove a nail through his palm.
He now lives in Atlanta with his mother.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns