PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - A 34-year-old woman was sentenced Monday to 31-year-old years in prison for torturing a 13-year-old boy last year in Silverdale.
Viviana Gunn pleaded guilty in a deal with Kitsap County prosecutors.
The Kitsap Sun reports her husband, 27-year-old Brandon P. Gunn, also pleaded guilty and faces a sentence of more than 30 years when he is sentenced Jan. 17 in Port Orchard.
The teen is the man's brother who came to live in the couple's home in May 2012. He told sheriff's deputies they beat him with a baseball bat, sliced his skin with a heated knife, forced him to remain naked in a portable dog kennel without food and water and once drove a nail through his palm.
He now lives in Atlanta with his mother.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position