Portland, OR - Security agents found 30 guns last year on passengers boarding planes at Portland, Eugene, Medford and Redmond.
The Oregonian reports 21 of the guns were found by Transportation Security Administration agents at Portland International Airport. Three guns were found and each of the other airports.
The guns were most often spotted in carry-on bags at security scanners. In most cases the passengers said they simply forgot the gun were inside. The most common firearm -- eight times -- was a .38-caliber pistol.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties