HILLSBORO, Ore. - A Sherwood, Oregon, woman convicted of first-degree criminal mistreatment after her two young children were found wandering outside alone in 90-degree heat was sentenced to 30 days in jail.
The Oregonian reports that 34-year-old Mary Hilliker received credit at her sentencing last week for jail time already served. Jail records show she has been released from custody.
The Washington County district attorney's office says she was also ordered to get alcohol and parent counseling and have no contact with her children without permission from her probation officer and the Oregon Department of Human Services.
In mid-July, Sherwood police learned that the woman's 3-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter had been wandering outside wearing only diapers before neighbors took them in. Police found the woman asleep on a couch in her home. The children were taken by the state agency.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position