SEATTLE - A man who was arrested near the University of Washington in a stolen truck with stolen guns and six Molotov cocktails was sentenced Thursday in federal court in Seattle to three years in prison.
Justin Miles Jasper pleaded guilty in November to theft and weapons charges. The 22-year-old Nevada man was arrested in July by University of Washington police. The pickup truck and a shotgun and rifle had been stolen from an acquaintance in Butte, Mont.
Police said Jasper also had body armor and a video in which he said he wanted to make sure people understood protests taking place in Brazil. The U.S. attorney's office says his sentence includes mental health counseling.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time