Eugene, OR - Three teenage boys who climbed on the roof of a Eugene middle school and set fire to pine needles were cited for arson and criminal trespass.
Police say the boys pushed the burning needles off the roof of Kennedy Middle School on Sunday when they tried to stomp out the fire.
The school district tells The Register-Guard damage was minor.
The boys -- ages 14, 15 and 16 -- where fingerprinted, photographed and released to their parents.
- Skeletal remains in Idaho badger den are from 2 children
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved