Eugene, OR - Three teenage boys who climbed on the roof of a Eugene middle school and set fire to pine needles were cited for arson and criminal trespass.
Police say the boys pushed the burning needles off the roof of Kennedy Middle School on Sunday when they tried to stomp out the fire.
The school district tells The Register-Guard damage was minor.
The boys -- ages 14, 15 and 16 -- where fingerprinted, photographed and released to their parents.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday