Roseburg, OR - Douglas County authorities say a helicopter with three people aboard crashed into the South Umpqua River near Days Creek.
Sheriff's spokesman Dwes Hutson says the pilot was airlifted to a Eugene hospital after Monday's crash and two passengers were taken by ambulance to a hospital in nearby Roseburg. Their names and conditions have not been released.
The crash knocked down power lines and a hazardous materials team went to the scene because fuel from the wrecked helicopter leaked into the river.
The Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board have been notified.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line