Great Falls, MT - The superintendent, an elementary school principal and a high school teacher have left Heart Butte Schools after a former student posted a threatening message on Facebook.
School board chairman Grinnell Day Chief says Russ McKenna, Felicia Kleven and her husband left before the board had a chance to respond. The board voted last week not to pay out the rest of their contracts.
The Great Falls Tribune reports a student who was expelled from the school on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation in November put an expletive-laced post on Facebook on March 7 saying someone should get the white staffers out of the school before he got them out.
Day Chief says law enforcement officers contacted the former student, who apologized and said he made the post in frustration.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital