EUGENE, Ore. - A body found in a suitcase discarded along a rural highway in Wisconsin may be that of a missing Oregon woman.
KEZI-TV reports that police in Cottage Grove, Oregon, are looking into whether the body belongs to Jenny Gamez, who disappeared in 2012.
Cottage Grove police Cpl. Conrad Gagner tells the television station his department is working with Wisconsin authorities to obtain Gamez's dental records.
A former Wisconsin police officer was arrested last week and charged with hiding a corpse after two bodies were found in suitcases in Walworth County, Wisconsin. A criminal complaint says 52-year-old Steven Zelich met the women online, killed them and hid their bodies for months.
A Walworth County prosecutor says he expects homicide charges to be filed where the women were killed.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults