BILLINGS, Mont. - A man accused of posing as an FBI agent to kidnap and kill an Illinois man has pleaded guilty after reaching an agreement with prosecutors.
The Billings Gazette reports 34-year-old James Adam Walker pleaded guilty Tuesday to deliberate homicide and kidnapping.
Walker and 29-year-old Simon Elliot Jacobson are accused of kidnapping Dejuan Laster of Rockford, Illinois, and his girlfriend from their Billings motel room in January 2013. Prosecutors say they robbed Laster of $8,000, freed his girlfriend, and then killed Laster and hid his body in a culvert in a remote area outside of the city.
Walker's plea agreement recommends a 60-year prison sentence. Judge G. Todd Baugh will sentence him on Oct. 27.
Jacobson was sentenced to life in prison in January.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives