SEATTLE, Wash. - A gay woman hired to choreograph a Catholic school musical says she recently got engaged to her partner and is nervous about how school leaders will handle the news.
Stephanie Merrow is working on her second musical for Eastside Catholic School in Sammamish, where vice principal Mark Zmuda was recently forced out of his job for marrying his partner.
Calls seeking comment from Sister Mary Tracy, head of the school, and its attorney Mike Patterson were not immediately returned.
Merrow told The Associated Press the couple got engaged the day after Zmuda was forced out. She and her partner have been together for five years and plan to marry in August.
Merrow says she doesn't know how the school's leadership will handle the news of her engagement.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday