SEATTLE, Wash. - A gay woman hired to choreograph a Catholic school musical says she recently got engaged to her partner and is nervous about how school leaders will handle the news.
Stephanie Merrow is working on her second musical for Eastside Catholic School in Sammamish, where vice principal Mark Zmuda was recently forced out of his job for marrying his partner.
Calls seeking comment from Sister Mary Tracy, head of the school, and its attorney Mike Patterson were not immediately returned.
Merrow told The Associated Press the couple got engaged the day after Zmuda was forced out. She and her partner have been together for five years and plan to marry in August.
Merrow says she doesn't know how the school's leadership will handle the news of her engagement.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives