TACOMA, Wash. - The Pierce County sheriff's office says the fire that burned a Tacoma-area church Monday was arson.
It was the second arson fire in five months at the Golgotha Moldavian Baptist Church in the Midland community.
The News Tribune reports the man accused of the first fire in September remains in custody awaiting a competency hearing before he goes to trial.
Damage from the first arson was estimated at $1 million. There's no estimate on damage from the second fire.
The Rev. Pavel Sandu said the church plans to rebuild. It has a congregation of more than 300 people, mostly from the eastern European country of Moldova.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting