BELLEVUE, Wash. - Police say they've exhausted all leads in the case of a Bellevue toddler reported missing two years ago.
Sky Metalwala has not been seen since his mother reported leaving him alone in an unlocked car on a city street after running out of gas on Nov. 6, 2011.
The woman, Julia Biryukova, refused to be formally interviewed by detectives, and police determined that her car started normally and wasn't out of gas. Her estranged husband said the boy's disappearance bore a strange resemblance to an episode of her favorite television show, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit."
In a news release Monday, Bellevue Police Maj. Pat Spak said the department has pursued more than 2,200 tips and leads in the case, and investigators remain frustrated that they've been unable to find the boy.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties