BELLEVUE, Wash. - Police say they've exhausted all leads in the case of a Bellevue toddler reported missing two years ago.
Sky Metalwala has not been seen since his mother reported leaving him alone in an unlocked car on a city street after running out of gas on Nov. 6, 2011.
The woman, Julia Biryukova, refused to be formally interviewed by detectives, and police determined that her car started normally and wasn't out of gas. Her estranged husband said the boy's disappearance bore a strange resemblance to an episode of her favorite television show, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit."
In a news release Monday, Bellevue Police Maj. Pat Spak said the department has pursued more than 2,200 tips and leads in the case, and investigators remain frustrated that they've been unable to find the boy.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time