BENTON CITY, Wash. - The Benton County sheriff's office says two suspects are in custody in the stabbing death of a man outside a church in Benton City.
Capt. Clay Vannoy told The Tri-City Herald the two are being held in the Umatilla County Jail in Pendleton, Oregon.
Vannoy says Benton County prosecutors are preparing to charge them in connection with the death of 55-year-old Mike Edwards whose body was found Monday in the parking lot of an Assembly of God church about a mile from his home.
The autopsy showed he had been killed late Sunday night. His body was found the next morning near his car, which had a door left open.
Neighbors said Edwards was disabled by a bone disease.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane