BELLINGHAM, Wash. - Two inmates in the Whatcom County Jail in Bellingham have hanged themselves this month with bed sheets.
A 36-year-old man who was found hanging from a shower faucet on March 18 died Saturday at a hospital.
The sheriff's office told The Bellingham Herald the screening for Eric Aybar did not indicate he was a risk for suicide. He had been jailed on suspicion of domestic violence.
On March 10, the sheriff's office said 36-year-old Shannon Rose Jefferson died at a hospital after hanging herself in her cell in the jail.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home