PUYALLUP, Wash. - Threats have prompted the closure of two Puyallup schools.
The News Tribune reports that the Puyallup School District closed Emerald Ridge High School and Glacier View Junior High on Tuesday after police became aware of a threat of violence against the high school.
Glacier View was closed because of its proximity to Emerald Ridge.
Capt. Scott Engle declined to give specifics about the threats but says detectives are investigating.
Updates about when classes will resume will be posted on the district's website.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car