TACOMA, Wash. - Tacoma police have arrested two men in connection to 19 bank robberies throughout Pierce County.
The Tacoma News Tribune reports one of the men is considered a person of interest in nine robberies and four attempted robberies in Tacoma, Fircrest and University Place since June.
Police spokesman Loretta Cool says the man was arrested on an unrelated warrant and detectives served a search warrant at a Hilltop-area home he's known to frequent.
She declined to discuss specifics of the case, citing the ongoing investigation.
Deputy prosecutor Patrick Cooper said the suspected bank robber could be charged this week.
A man believed to be the getaway driver has already been charged with first-degree robbery for a July 29 holdup of a Columbia Bank branch in Tacoma.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River