CALDWELL, Idaho - Authorities are searching for two inmates who escaped from the Canyon County Jail.
The sheriff's office says Jeffrey Duvall and Juan Cervantes escaped from the jail's tent structure Saturday night. They were last seen on foot heading down a street in Caldwell.
The two men were both being held on felony probation violations.
Duvall is charged with attempted strangulation and domestic battery with traumatic injury. Cervantes faces charges of DUI, driving without privileges and possession of a controlled substance.
Authorities are asking for the public's help in locating the suspects and encouraging those with information to call police.
The circumstances surrounding the escape remain under investigation.
The incident marks the fourth time inmates have escaped from the jail in less than a year. The three previous escapees were eventually captured.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017