MONROE, Wash. - A fire official says two people have been injured by a small explosion at an Evergreen State Fair vendor booth in Monroe, Wash.
The Monday afternoon explosion at a booth selling fireplaces and stoves sent one male booth worker to a hospital for treatment of injuries from flying glass. A female employee was treated on scene. The Daily Herald of Everett reports the injuries didn't appear to be life-threatening.
Monroe Assistant Fire Chief Steve Guptill says the explosion apparently occurred after a problem with lighting a gas stove.
The Snohomish County fire marshal's office is investigating.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home