BOISE, Idaho - Police say two Boise men and three children missing overnight have been found safe.
The Boise Police Department says the five went for a drive and possibly a hike on Saturday but didn't return because their SUV got stuck in a snowbank. A search launched on Sunday.
One of the fathers told police that the group slept in the vehicle, then walked an estimated 19 miles Sunday to a cabin in Prairie where they called family members. They told police they didn't need medical treatment.
Missing had been John Julian and his two children, 8-year-old Samantha and 7-year-old Isaac, and William Murkle and his 10-year-old daughter, Megun.
Police say they were last seen about 2 p.m. Saturday leaving Luck Peak Reservoir or C.J. Strike Reservoir. They were expected back about three hours later.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home